Reblogged from thecakebar December 15th, 2013 1,821 notes #DIY #food #cookies #thumbprint cookies #christmas #christmas cookies #kids #cute #christmas tree #thumbprint #yum #yummy #christmas party #colorful #red #recipe #cookie decorating
Thumbprint Cookies Tutorials (3 different looks!)
Reblogged from thecakebar December 12th, 2013 5,273 notes #thecakebar #food #diy #recipe #recipes #baking #cake #cakes #christmas #christmas cookies #christmas cake #christmas dessert #dessert #desserts #foodporn #yum #yummy #delicious #christmas recipes #holiday #holidays #chocolate
TheCakeBar’s Pastel Christmas!
I love getting inspiration for all of my roundups! teehee….
As many of you know by now, I’ve decided to make a new series of posts that will highlight what’s trending @TheCakeBar!!! (what’s popular right now)
Why? Cuz I’m trying to add new twists to the blog and make it more interesting for you guys!
So….above are pictures of recipes that I’ve collected recently or over the years from wonderful blogs all over the internet with fun ideas for Christmas themed party recipes!
But these recipes are not your traditional Christmas green & red color palette! These are pastel colored cookies, cakes and other edible goodies! Fun times!!!!
Click the links below to get the rebloggable link/and resource links to all recipes and tutorials!
Stay tuned for other ‘themed’dessert trending posts! I’ll have them all tagged here @ TheCakeBar
- Ombre Pastel Cake Tutorial (with video!) - Gorgeous gradient cake with enough sparkle and pizazz for any Christmas party!
- Snowflake Macarons - Simple Snowflake decoration can change the entire look and feel of your favorite french macaron cookies!
- Aqua and Pink Asian Sugar Cookies - Ice blue Japanese style decorated sugar cookies! (in Japanese)
- Lavender Cake Balls Tutorial - Sparkly, and festive! almost too gorgeous to eat!
- Penguin Winter Cookies Tutorial - Beautiful tutorial on how to decorate pastel sugar cookies!
- Purple Petal Cake Tutorial - Even without any Christmasy decorations it’s a perfect cake for just about any holiday party!
- Christmas Tree Cookies Tutorial- Cute! cute! cute! Yummy for eating but so pretty you can even hang them as ornaments on your Christmas tree!
- Mini Graham Crackers Houses 8 different mini gingerbread style houses but made with graham crackers instead!
- Meringue Roses - Chocolate dipped rose shaped pink meringue cookies! A lovely and elegant Christmas treat!
- Ice Blue Igloo Cake Tutorial - Winter cake tutorial for ambitious and creative bakers! The perfect centerpiece for any Christmas party!
- Christmas Tree Meringues - Pastel green meringue cookies shaped like Christmas trees! How creative!
- Pastel Peppermint Patties - Peppermint+Christmas+Pastel = Perfect Christmas combinations!
- Pink Pastel Gingerbread House Tutorial - How-to silver & pink gingerbread house tutorial!
- Tips and Baking Help - Useful guide to help you learn more about baking!
- Search The Cake Bar for more Christmas Tutorials and Recipes!
Questions? concerns? contact me @ thecakebar or email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
November 10th, 2013 44,584 notes #soup #recipe
Keeping this FOREVER. All look awesome and all are or can be vegan-ized.
Creamy Spinach Soup
Put 1 chopped onion, 2 peeled garlic cloves, 3 cups water and salt and pepper in a pot over high heat. Boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Add 10 ounces chopped spinach and 1/2 cup parsley leaves;
1 whole wheel of Brie (Costco sells a 19 ounce Brie wheel which is perfect for this recipe)
1 cup Kahlua
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup chopped pecans (I left mine whole because I like they way they look)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by carefully slicing the rind off the top of the Brie wheel, but do not remove completely. Bake for 15 minutes. When the Brie is done baking, the top can be easily removed to expose the creamy cheese.
While the Brie is baking, in a medium saucepan, bring Kahlua and brown sugar to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until a syrupy consistency is made. Throw the pecans in for 2 minutes at the end to warm them through and completely cover with the sauce.
Remove the Brie from the oven (removing top rind) and pour Kahlua sauce over the Brie.
Serve warm with crackers.
(via samanticshift)Reblogged from noblepig.com September 12th, 2012 667 notes #food #recipe #baking
Variety Mix!: All of these Recipes are @The Cake Bar so you can DIY!!!
(via samanticshift)Reblogged from thecakebar September 7th, 2012 357 notes #food #recipe #CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES #SQUEE
Roasted Potatoes and Marinated Summer Vegetables with Lemon Aioli from Suvi sur le vif(via Laura)
- Roasted Corn Soup with Tomato from Sussman Brother’s: This is a Cookbook, shared byWilliams-Sonoma
- Fries with Lemon Salt & Rosemary from Alexandra’s Kitchen (via Jessica)
- Spicy Buttermilk Onion Rings with Buttermilk Ranch from A Cozy Kitchen (via The Gilded Lobster)
- Summer Corn Cakes with Chopped Tomato and Avacado Salsa from Ezra Pound Cake (viaLeila)
(via moniquill)Reblogged from lovableandwise August 9th, 2012 63 notes #food #recipe
Reblogged from sunset-vine August 5th, 2012 10 notes #recipe #food #carrot cake #french toast #doughnuts #coffee cake #brunch #breakfast #coffee #Love & Lemons
I just recently stumbled upon Love & Lemons and am already hooked - between the drool worthy pictures and the to die for recipes, I couldn’t help but fall in love. I’ve decided to treat a few of my loved ones to a brunch this weekend and I’ve already selected a few favorites from the site. What…
- source: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com
- 1/2 cup(s) hot water
- 1 1/3 tablespoon(s) brandy
- 2/3 tablespoon(s) instant espresso powder
- 2/3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/5 cup(s) sugar
- 1/5 cup(s) whipping cream
- 2/3 box(es) (8-ounce) reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/5 cup(s) low-fat (1 percent) milk
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 ounce(s) sponge-type ladyfingers (30 halves)
- 2/3 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- In small bowl, stir together hot water, brandy, espresso powder, and 1 tablespoon sugar until sugar dissolves.
- In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cream until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Continue beating; add milk and vanilla in slow, steady stream. Beat until well mixed and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- With spatula, gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- In 8- by 8-inch baking dish, arrange half of ladyfingers, flat sides up, in single layer. Pour half of brandy mixture evenly over; let stand until absorbed.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Top with remaining ladyfingers, flat sides up. Brush remaining brandy mixture over ladyfingers, allowing liquid to be absorbed before each addition. Spread evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sift cocoa powder evenly on top. Cover with plastic wraps and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Calories 175 per serving
Reblogged from goodhousekeeping.com July 24th, 2012 21 notes #baking #Tiramisu #Recipe #Cream Cheese #italian #desserts #sweets #noms
1/2 cup pistachios
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1 lemon, zested
1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 boxes mini filo shells, 15 shells each
1/2 cup water 1/4 cup honey
Special equipment: 2 (12-cup) mini cupcake pans, food processor
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Arrange the pistachios, walnuts, and almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let nuts cool slightly and add to a food processor along with the lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and pulse to combine.
Place mini fillo shells in wells of 2 mini cupcake pans. Add 1 teaspoon of the nut mixture into each shell. Bake until filling is hot, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat add the water, 1/4 cup sugar and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced and slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour 1 teaspoon syrup into each cup and allow it to soak in, then repeat with another teaspoon. Refrigerate at least 5 hours, or overnight.
(via moniquill)Reblogged from foodnetwork.com July 11th, 2012 27 notes #recipe #baklava #baklava cups #dessert #desserts #recipes