Reblogged from thecakebar December 12th, 2013 5,273 notes #thecakebar #food #diy #recipe #recipes #baking #cake #cakes #christmas #christmas cookies #christmas cake #christmas dessert #dessert #desserts #foodporn #yum #yummy #delicious #christmas recipes #holiday #holidays #chocolate
TheCakeBar’s Pastel Christmas!
I love getting inspiration for all of my roundups! teehee….
As many of you know by now, I’ve decided to make a new series of posts that will highlight what’s trending @TheCakeBar!!! (what’s popular right now)
Why? Cuz I’m trying to add new twists to the blog and make it more interesting for you guys!
So….above are pictures of recipes that I’ve collected recently or over the years from wonderful blogs all over the internet with fun ideas for Christmas themed party recipes!
But these recipes are not your traditional Christmas green & red color palette! These are pastel colored cookies, cakes and other edible goodies! Fun times!!!!
Click the links below to get the rebloggable link/and resource links to all recipes and tutorials!
Stay tuned for other ‘themed’dessert trending posts! I’ll have them all tagged here @ TheCakeBar
- Ombre Pastel Cake Tutorial (with video!) - Gorgeous gradient cake with enough sparkle and pizazz for any Christmas party!
- Snowflake Macarons - Simple Snowflake decoration can change the entire look and feel of your favorite french macaron cookies!
- Aqua and Pink Asian Sugar Cookies - Ice blue Japanese style decorated sugar cookies! (in Japanese)
- Lavender Cake Balls Tutorial - Sparkly, and festive! almost too gorgeous to eat!
- Penguin Winter Cookies Tutorial - Beautiful tutorial on how to decorate pastel sugar cookies!
- Purple Petal Cake Tutorial - Even without any Christmasy decorations it’s a perfect cake for just about any holiday party!
- Christmas Tree Cookies Tutorial- Cute! cute! cute! Yummy for eating but so pretty you can even hang them as ornaments on your Christmas tree!
- Mini Graham Crackers Houses 8 different mini gingerbread style houses but made with graham crackers instead!
- Meringue Roses - Chocolate dipped rose shaped pink meringue cookies! A lovely and elegant Christmas treat!
- Ice Blue Igloo Cake Tutorial - Winter cake tutorial for ambitious and creative bakers! The perfect centerpiece for any Christmas party!
- Christmas Tree Meringues - Pastel green meringue cookies shaped like Christmas trees! How creative!
- Pastel Peppermint Patties - Peppermint+Christmas+Pastel = Perfect Christmas combinations!
- Pink Pastel Gingerbread House Tutorial - How-to silver & pink gingerbread house tutorial!
- Tips and Baking Help - Useful guide to help you learn more about baking!
- Search The Cake Bar for more Christmas Tutorials and Recipes!
Questions? concerns? contact me @ thecakebar or email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
December 5th, 2012 30 notes #diy #dessert #chocolate cake #cake #chocolate #sweet treats #baking
10 Minute Chocolate Cake.
The best thing ever if you feel like having a quick fix. I cannot stress more on how easy this recipe is. The texture is in between spongy and fudgy with melted chocolate in the middle.
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder or Milo
4 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp melted butter
1/3 cup chocolate buttons (optional)
Brush the inside on a ramekins (or microwave-able mug). Mix everything except for chocolate buttons in a bowl using a fork, mix well. Pour the batter half way up the ramekins, fill it with generous amount of chocolate buttons and top it off with the batter until it reaches just below the top of the ramekins. Microwave it on high for 3 minutes. Let cool, transfer it onto a plate. If you want, dust it with icing sugar, serve it with jam of your choice or with vanilla ice cream.
Note: You can keep the cake in the fridge up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave on high for 1.5 minutes.
I happen to love baking, starry sky, and astrology, so I will DEFINITELY be doing this at some point.
The recipe and how-to is in the source link.
this is so kewl!~Reblogged from bakeat350.blogspot.ca July 24th, 2012 30 notes #baking #cookies #starry sky #astrology #astronomy #constellations #dessert